Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR

3 posters

Go down

HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR Empty Young's Firewood and Scrap Hauling 870-283-2471

Post by Chuck K Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi crtjmd, Thanks for your post. Sorry that you didn't have a good experience with Jeremy. I have heard nothing but good about him, and have referred folks his way. I saw my post was from Sept. of 2010, and in 3 years this is the first negative thing I have heard. He may have just got caught up trying to do too much before this bad weather came in, but he did tell you he would do it, and backed out for some reason. I guess I would try calling him, or give him another chance to make things right by you. He is a hard working guy with reasonable prices. It may have just been bad timing with the storm coming in.

Chuck K

Back to top Go down

HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR Empty Did not deliver

Post by crtjmd@yahoo.com Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:41 am

I did not have a good experience with Jeremy. I called to order a rick of wood the day before the recent winter storm, and was told that he would get it together.
When he did not show up by late afternoon, I called and was told that he would deliver it the next morning. I waited at home all morning until about 11:00 am and when he still did not show up, I called again. I was told that I needed to find wood somewhere else because he was getting things ready for the bad weather that was coming in.
It was too late to find someone else by that time, so we are doing without during this bad weather. I was very disappointed in this company and will not ever try to use them again.

crtjmd@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR Empty Jerry Reed's Lawn and Tree Service

Post by mike Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Jerry Reed's Lawn and Tree Service

Chuck,

On Jerry Reed, I whole heartily agree! I had him do some lot clearing and some tree removal in July and my final thoughts are nothing but positive. I don't have time right now, but maybe later tonight or tomorrow I will tell you all about my experiences with him. I also told him that I would put up an ad for him on the forum and need to get that done.

I recommend Jerry Reed for any tree work and any kind of lot and yard maintenance. I was nothing but impressed with the outcome of my 3 experiences with him.

More later.

mike

Back to top Go down

HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR Empty Re: HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR

Post by Chuck K Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Great post Paul, It comes at a strange time for me. Everyone really has to be careful when seeking out a contractor. Being a past home inspector here and having many realtor contacts as a result, I usually have a great list of the better contractors. I am always willing to recommend people. But even then, things can change a good contractor, to a bad one.
There has been some infighting in the tree service business all year long. I have stood by mine in this area, but have now had a change of heart. I have heard this weekend that my tree trimmer has fallen on some hard times in his personal life. I am understanding of this, but regret that he has begun to take advantage of people in the village. This is a big problem when dealing with the elderly, as they are promised one thing, get part of the work done, and pay before the job is finished, only to be left with a partial job. Never hearing from the service people again, and at times being way overpriced from the start. This has resulted in some new competition from former employees starting out on their own. I had tree trimming done this last weekend for a very good price, and better quality work done.
Having had some remodeling done recently, I have a young man who is very reasonable at clean up, and willing to take any metal free. I will be making a post in the business area, when these two get me more info.
Jeremy Young is for free scrap metal removal, and also willing to take any wood from downed trees free.
Young's Firewood and Scrap Hauling 870-283-2471

The new tree service I used was: Jerry Reed
Reed's Lawn and Tree Service- Cell 870-371-1754 Office 257-2018

Chuck K

Back to top Go down

HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR Empty Re: HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR

Post by mike Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Also, there is very good word of mouth around the village on reliable and honest contractors and in general, other service related businesses. Ask around. The local realtors in the area always have an opinion of who they like and don't and the reasons why.

mike

Back to top Go down

HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR Empty HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR

Post by Paul2CV Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Forum,

This article appeared in the Village Journal awhile back about how to find a reliable contractor that has been certified locally to be of good quality. I think this is an important news piece. One also needs to check with City Hall for their approved list.

http://www.villageronline.com/story/1596973.html

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down