Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
DMV EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
DMV EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
DMV EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
DMV EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
DMV EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
DMV EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
DMV EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
DMV EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
DMV EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
DMV EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

DMV

4 posters

Go down

DMV Empty Re: DMV

Post by Paul2CV Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 am

hi don julio,

Between shuffleboard and DMV, it seems you are in a panic! Lol.

Seriously, the issue of the use of facilities is far from the concerns that you express. The pools in particular get serious use and there are folks who live to golf here. I do think that the heat, change in popularity of certain outdoor games, and a newer crop of CVers has changed certain activity interests. Also, I believe the Village has suffered from the sedentary lifestyle across America, but pretty bad locally, in all but the youngest.

As for DMV, I would start with getting valid plates where you are and a driver's license for your wife if her LA one isn't valid anymore. It wiil probably be easier to transfer. Given this State's location, you two could hardly be the first case of dealing with this across the border stuff. Good luck.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

DMV Empty SCARY STUFF

Post by donjulio Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 am

This is kind of scary reading for me. I will be moving to CV in about a month and a half. I went on-line and read much of Arkansas DMV stuff about getting drivers licenses and it didn’t sound all that bad. I don’t remember reading about re-plating the car though. Here is where I am right now:

I have a current Mexico driver’s license

Wife has a cancelled Louisiana DL because when we moved we dropped our insurance

Car has expired Louisiana plates because it doesn’t matter in Mexico if U.S. plates are expired as long as you have insurance you are ok. DL doesn’t matter much either.

Come to think about it, not much matters in Mexico if you have a couple hundred peso’s in your pocket.

Anyway, anybody see any problems getting our car plated and DL’s renewed?

You think it may be better if we claim illegal alien status and say “no comprendo” a lot? I think we could end up with health insurance, food stamps, maybe a place to live, welfare check and all the other goodies a real American can’t get. We could ask for political asylum, as we don’t agree with Mexican politics and feel persecuted. We will cleverly leave out the part about us feeling the same way about the U.S.

donjulio

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Transferring from one state to another is a nightmare in every state. One of life's not fun pleasures.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:22 am

I've consulted the DMV rule book and frankly I have never in my life seen anything requiring so much documentation or multiple players and moving parts as this process for registering a car from out of State. It makes the Federal tax code look like child's play. All of this complexity is simply in the service of taxing personal property. There has to be a better way. Trout, what's the process in nearby Tenn?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:45 pm

You just get tags once, right? What do you mean assessed each year? This really is odd.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:24 pm

no, value is based on a computerize list that the state maintains of vehicle values based on year and make model. You still have to pay AR tax when you register it for the first time. Now transferring is a different story you have already paid the tax in the state you bought it so you are just transferring/registering it for the first time in AR. You must have the vehicle assesed before you get your tags.and reassest each year after before getting your new tags.

trout

Back to top Go down

DMV Empty DMV

Post by Paul2CV Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Forum,

If a person buys a new car in AR, how is the value of the car hamdled by DMV? If you buy it out of state is out different?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum