Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
Animal Control  EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
Animal Control  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
Animal Control  EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
Animal Control  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
Animal Control  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
Animal Control  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
Animal Control  EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
Animal Control  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
Animal Control  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
Animal Control  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

Animal Control

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Animal Control  Empty Re: Animal Control

Post by Paul2CV Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:21 pm

I don't know the number of dogs permitted per house. I think the real issue is how they interact with the neighbors. A lot of us went through some bad stuff with loose dogs and dogs that bark all night. It really is just about good neighbors. I like dogs but responsible ownership is the issue. There have been places a person can't even walk in the Village in the past due to loose and basically wild dogs. Animal Control has done CV a world of good. They deserve our thanks.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Animal Control  Empty Dog Ownership

Post by selttild Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:01 pm

How many dogsĀ  per house are allowed in Cherokee Village?

selttild

Back to top Go down

Post by conventional1 Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:48 pm

especially since they have felons running the animal shelters here--they're paying them a salary and they're selling them to labs or dogfighting rings

trout wrote:Hey we have dogs and cats running around neighborhoods here in Memphis all the time. It is just part of life with dogs and cats and no one has ever controlled the problem and I really don't see it ever being controlled. Our society has passed so many useless laws that law enforcement must pick which ones are the most important for a civilized society to enforce. To many laws not enough POPO. (police for you non city people).

conventional1

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:14 am

Trout,

All I want to do is take a walk in peace -- not get a bite and not commit suicide! Lol

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Paul just remember what to say. Also Paul there is an old saying "dead men tell no tales".

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

Hey trout, I don't disagree at all about police time. There are too many laws because there is so little common decency. You and I can both remember living in a world much different from this one. One thing is for sure, if you shoot a threatening dog, you will get some police attention and human animal control!

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 am

Hey we have dogs and cats running around neighborhoods here in Memphis all the time. It is just part of life with dogs and cats and no one has ever controlled the problem and I really don't see it ever being controlled. Our society has passed so many useless laws that law enforcement must pick which ones are the most important for a civilized society to enforce. To many laws not enough POPO. (police for you non city people).

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm

That is a subject that must be addressed. It is a problem in the village mostly in the outlying areas where there aren't many houses. I really it could be handled properly and people would just wise up and be good neighbors instead of idiots.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi trout,

The fact is I've had experiences that could justify reaching that level. What I don't get is how people think it's okay to let their dogs behave that way and intimidate other property owners. I have lots I can't even check on without dogs thinking they own other people's property or common roads. Moreover, I truly think a lot of these owners like their dogs' menacing behaviors.

Last edited by Paul2CV on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:48 am

LOL!

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:39 am

They have an answer for animal control during a walk, it is called "HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT" and use the term I was fearing for my life when I shot the attcking dog. Now I am traumatized and will need an attorney to sue the owner.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:44 am

Paul, usually walking around the lakes is never a problem with roaming animals. My wife has walked around Sequoyah a gazillion times with zero problems. I suspect once you get far away from the lakes and get around areas with very few houses, those are probably the people who tend to have a higher percentage per capita of the bad dogs. Not stereotyping, but it does seem to be reality.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:15 am

Hi Forum,

One "pet peeve" (no pun intended) of mine has nothing to do with loose or abandon dogs. Rather, it is folks that think it's great to have threatening dogs that are free to snarl and wander threatening toward you when you walk the roads. CV's biggest drawback is that it is not very friendly for simple walks in many parts of the Village.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 am

Chuck, good to hear you met Tommy Garner. I have never met him but have heard exactly as you say. Good to hear.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi Chuck,

That was a close call. I've had my own. I went to visit a lot and was chased out of the circle by two dogs. I was afraid that I might hit one as careful as I was trying to be on my way out. Animal "control" also has to do with being a responsible pet owner. I don't mind if pets roam a property. But animals should not be allowed to chase cars or people who are just out and about doing their business.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Animal Control  Empty Animal control

Post by Chuck K Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:44 pm

I have three things to say about all this. Today while driving some of the back roads my vehicle was chased by three dogs for at least a quarter mile. These were dogs from the same house. Not Strays. I could have easily hurt one of them. Thank God I didn't.

Secondly I was fortunate to meet Tommy Garner about a month ago. A life long resident of the area. " A Local " He is a respected hunter, fisherman, and naturalist, he gave me his take on the Cherokee Village Deer Hunt. First it was long overdue, secondly it has been extremely successful, with the exception that we need at least a 20% thinning of the herd each year to keep it healthy.

And lastly, he is a local who has much respect for the people that have moved here over the last 50 years. Without them he realises this area would be much different in a bad way. He is appreciative of the development he has seen here in his lifetime.

Chuck K

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi Trout,

To be fair to my point, there was no need for Animal Control because the problem hadn't developed yet. Trout, I'm not talking about runaway home owners associations. we're talking about dealing with real problems on the ground. Just saw a beautiful stray dog on Hiawatha. It was as big as a great dane. no collar. the dog was frightened and confused.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Well Paul if that is the case why have we not had animal control for 50 years or since cv was created. Let's just shoot them like the deer. Another great idea by a simple minded city government. Do you see why the real locals laugh at the village and the silly ideas it has come up with. This is not a metro area. No street lights, gutters, curbs, just country roads and wild animals and dogs and cats that run loose. That is why it is called "country".

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi Trout,

I think this goes back to what is a planned community. Rural or not, Cooper never intended dogs laying in the road. CV is a planned community. Always was. Always should be. The government is the details.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am

Hey folks this is rural America, if you want a civilized city life then you should seek some other location. The village has lived for 50 years without a city government and animal control, police department and did pretty well. Yes there were a few problems but no one wanted to talk or work with SID and those days have gone. City hall has not really helped but has created more costly problems. Lets' simpify things and turn in the charter.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:57 am

Hi Trout,

The problem with this small government approach is that it does nothing about the actual problems. When I got here there were literally strays laying in the road. Since the shelter, no problem. I'm not saying the city should necessarily run it. I'm saying it is a necessary entity and someone has to run it or the Village will be overwhelmed with strays. There is a such thing as necessary government. Small government creates its own set of problems, namely lack of needed services.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Just turn in the charter, give the county all city owned equipment, and let SID return to managing the village. Problem solved.
I love that the water department told them they are not going to pay the fees. Good job Mr. Rose, I back you 100 percent.

If we keep going the way the city is conducting business no one will want to live here. They have taken a great little place and created a monster for no reason at all. Once all the retired golfers get to old to golf and decide to move and no one fills the void what do you think the city will do. Raise more taxes of course. Let's stop the madness, RETURN THE CHARTER and become once again a nice quite place with no local government.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:37 am

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Lol, like I said, I don't have an answer for this one!

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Come on Mike you know better than that. Most surrounding cities could careless about CV. It has never been on anyones' be my buddy list. Locals probably think it was stupid to even start a shelter and now they just dump their animals here and laugh. No cost to them. Sometimes it does not pay to be "the do gooder" and better to let things just be.

Dump trucks are wearing out our road going to the new"Griffin Park". We have two bad places before that started and I have notified the CVRD but they have done zero in fixing the problems. I have absolutely no need to CV government they have created more problems(and costs) than they are worth or provide.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next