Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
Breaking & Entering EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
Breaking & Entering EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
Breaking & Entering EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
Breaking & Entering EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
Breaking & Entering EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
Breaking & Entering EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
Breaking & Entering EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
Breaking & Entering EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
Breaking & Entering EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
Breaking & Entering EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

Breaking & Entering

2 posters

Go down

Breaking & Entering Empty Re: Breaking & Entering

Post by Paul2CV Thu May 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi trout,
Thanks for the details on the subject. I see a good bit of patrol in my area of the Village. I sense BE is down as are the labs. No news on those in some time. So things are getting done. I'm all for community policing. Y

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Wed May 25, 2011 7:22 pm

You have several types of BEs, to a resident, to a business, was it day time or night time, was it aggravated. I would think for CV it is your basic dumbass BE break a window or find a door unlocked. THe best protection is a dog. One that barks keeps them from coming in. Since the village is so small I would think an alarm system would be useless and probably not monitored. Even if monitored it would take the PD about six months to get there since they spend all their time up on the highway it seems. This is a sad excuse for law enforcement in my opinion. THere should be much more interaction with villagers. My agency is very pro citizen and is always finding ways to interact with them no matter what time of day or date. I have always wondered if the PD even tracks crimes to project future needs and action based on current crime stats. It would be a simple computer program to create. But I am sure "Barney and the boys" would not be interested in doing real police work. Tickets seem to be the norm for the village.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Wed May 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi trout,

Thanks. I'll check that out. You've mentioned before the "grain of salt" idea about crime reporting stats. With respect to B&E, wouldn't that be very reliable because of the nature of the event? I understand some other crimes are more interpretive.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Wed May 25, 2011 1:14 pm

I believe you can go on line to ASP and get yearly UCR reports for the State. It should be broken down by county and city if they submit reports. Please take those figures with a grain of salt.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Tue May 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi trout,

Thanks. Does it give any comparative data from the prior year? Is the report online?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Mon May 23, 2011 10:41 am

Paul the city PD has is submit a monthly report to the State it is call UCR (uniform crime report). It is public record.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon May 23, 2011 9:42 am

Hi Forum,

Is the general impression that property crimes have gone down in the Village over the past 5 years? It seems so. Any statistics anyone can get that point in that direction?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Breaking & Entering Empty Breaking & Entering

Post by Paul2CV Sun May 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi Forum,

We have the following unhappy news account:

Two arrested in home burglary
May 03, 2011

On April 15, Todd Norris Jr. and an unidentified juvenile were arrested on suspicion of burglary in Cherokee Village after allegedly breaking into the home of Patrick Goodwin.

At approximately 1:30 p.m. Officers Jeremy Rose and Tamara Taylor were sent to 12 Canada after a report of two males breaking into a home. The caller gave a description of the buglers’ vehicle as a small black truck. According to Officer Taylor’s Narrative Report of the incident, “Upon arriving in the area we saw a black Chevrolet S10 matching the description. Two older men were also standing at the corner of Porue and Canada and pointed to the S10, as it sped away, and confirmed that it was the suspect vehicle. We immediately pursued the vehicle, initiating both our lights and sirens; however the vehicle continued to speed up and turned onto Vista Largo then onto Patmos. We observed the Passenger throw an article from the window into the ditch line near the corner of Patmos and San Palos. The driver then stopped the vehicle at the intersection of Patmos and Pottawattamie.”

The Officers instructed both occupants to step from the vehicle, which they did. Both suspects were searched. The search of the juvenile driver produced $214 in cash, $179 of that in $1 bills, a camo folding knife, and a bottle of Rue 21 cologne. A search of Todd Norris produced an orange bic lighter, a tube of blistex, one quarter, a drill bit adapter, a black folding knife, and a hundred dollar bill.

Both suspects were read their rights. Mr. Norris said that he threw a crowbar out of the window near the intersection of Patmos and San Palos. Norris went on to say that Patrick was not at home when he stopped by.

According to Officer Taylor, “At this time Jessica Fisher pulled up at the scene and informed us that her Father’s residence (12 Canada) had been broken into and that a large number of one dollar bills had been taken from the residence. She was unsure what else was missing and advised us that her father (Pat Goodwin) would be waiting at the residence for us.”

All the items on the suspects were taken into evidence and the suspects were taken into custody. Officer Graddy and K-9 Gator performed a search for and found the crowbar that had been thrown from the truck earlier. The S10 was towed by Danny’s Towing of Ash Flat.

Officers Rose and Taylor then went to the Sharp County Detention Center. There the officers again explained his/her rights to the juvenile and began to question him/her with his/her mother present. The juvenile allegedly then confessed to entering the home and taking a Remington rifle and a large amount of one dollar bills. The juvenile also stated that Norris entered the residence and took a digital video recorder from the dresser in the master bedroom before they both left the residence.
They then went back to Goodwin’s home to steal the charger for the video recorder, at which time they encountered the police.

The officers then spoke to Norris who admitted he used a crowbar and pocket knife to force entry into Goodwin’s house through the front door. Norris further admitted he stole two Michelob Ultra beers, and the Juvenile stole a rifle, video recorder, and a large number of one dollar bills. Norris also admitted they took the rifle to his home.

Officers Rose and Taylor then went to Norris’ home and after securing permission from Mariah Norris, wife of Todd Norris, entered and recovered one Michelob beer and a Remington 30-06 rifle that matched the description of the victim’s rifle.

Jody, we appreciate your paper's reporting. See: Spring River Chronicle http://myspringriver.com/

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum