Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
West Memphis 3 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
West Memphis 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
West Memphis 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
West Memphis 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
West Memphis 3 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
West Memphis 3 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
West Memphis 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
West Memphis 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
West Memphis 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
West Memphis 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

West Memphis 3

2 posters

Go down

West Memphis 3 Empty Re: West Memphis 3

Post by Paul2CV Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi trout,

Hold on. Be fair. It isn't as much what happened then as how the system responds after the fact. It too frequently will let folks stay in jail rather than admit an error or face a lawsuit. Also, it is hard to defend interrogating a borderline retarded person for 12 hours without a lawyer and then using the"confession" Trout I believe the system works about 98% of the time. I'm not bashing here. It just needs to remedy mistakes quickly cost what it may in embarassment or money. I respect law enforcement. You make a good point about the DNA. But it is also true that DNA is often fought after the conviction for fear it will unsettle things.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Oh yes I believe ABC for sure. Remember DNA was not in play 18 years ago. Just something to think about before passing judgement on the system.

trout

Back to top Go down

West Memphis 3 Empty West Memphis 3

Post by Paul2CV Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi Forum,

Okay, so the "West Memphis 3" are set free today after rotting 18 years in prison. It sure looks like we've got some folks with egg on their face. It's a typical enough pattern. A gruesome crime is committed. There is huge pressure to find the criminals. Media attention is enormous. Sure enough, they come up with some people. Later conveniently ignored facts, repressed details, "the rush to judgment", and DNA call it all into question. Prosecutors scramble to avoid looking bad. They come up with some mechanism to set the people free but avoid actually admitting the State did anything wrong. Often whole new people are in office anyway. The whole thing "goes away" after the media is done selling the evening news. What do you think? And by the way, I think most people in prison are guilty as hell. I don't expect a perfect legal system. But I do expect mistakes to be corrected swiftly and not swept under the rug. Stories like this one ought to worry us all.

Here's a bit from ABC:

By ANNE-MARIE DORNING
Aug. 19, 2011
The release today of the so-called West Memphis Three frees them to "clear our names" after surviving an "absolute living hell," two of the men said.

"I'm just tired," Jesse Misskelley Jr. said at a news conference after the hearing at which a a judge accepted a plea deal to set them free. "This has been going on for 18 years. "It's been an absolute living hell."

One of their lawyers said the men's release is "evidence of the state's recognition that they are innocent" and that "no jury would convict them at a new trial."...

Here's the whole story and video:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/west-memphis-free-18-years-murder-charge/story?id=14340244

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down