Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat

2 posters

Go down

Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat Empty Re: Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat

Post by trout Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm

I recently sold my home in the Village after 20 months on the market. I had owned it for 14 years. I have seen many changes some good some not good in the village. I personally did not like becoming a city. They have created more problems than they are worth. We now have property, personal property taxes for the city. Also all kinds of franchise fees. As the economy slid down the tubes so did the village. My realtor told me she has not seen this many homes on the market at one time and she seemed to be a little  concerned about the future. I do miss the village area but as one ages things like medical, closer shopping become a little more important. Wish you the best. Handshake, stan

trout

Back to top Go down

Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat Empty Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat

Post by LawAbidingCitizen Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi Folks.  Just thought that I would bring up a couple of things that I observed from my visit last week.  We returned so my lady friend could close on some acreage she put an offer on the month before when we visited which is 3 miles down a dirt road out of Ash Flat.  Unfortunately, we had little time to look at anything other than properties on the previous visit.  ( Her inquisitive neighbor from up the road seemed thrilled to learn that she is a doctor.)    Before that I hadn't been to the area for two years.  Some background, I have two lots in the Village and some acreage on the north boundary of the village in the hills.  Actually right on the Fulton county line on a section of one of the Slick Rock Roads.  Why there are more than one is beyond me.  The one my property is on would be better named Slick Rock Path.  As I have been in contact with the owners of the properties adjacent to mine in the past I suppose we'll have to get together and petition the county to do something about that.  

I did notice that Pinecrest Road was in much better shape this time than it was two years ago.  Which brings me to one observation.  There was a great deal more illegal dumping that had taken place in many locations.  It really amazes me how people can be this careless with their environment when they live in such a beautiful place known for it's clean air and water.  It's really sad.

Another observation was what has happened to the business community throughout the area.  I think that every business location that I saw two years ago that was empty, for sale , or for rent was still carrying the same signs.  In addition, since that time, it seems many others have joined them.  That's in the Village and in and around Hardy.  For sale signs on houses were everywhere.  On one street of fine homes on the way to a property on Wabash I noticed that every single house was for sale.  Has the economy gotten so bad that people are starting to bail out of the area.  There aren't that many people there to begin with. 

I hope that the economy there improves.  We are planning to move our businesses to the area in two years.  I'm not putting anyone or the area down.  I really love the place and look forward to moving there permanently or semi permanently.  I'm just concerned and have been wondering what can be done.  Or if anything is being done to help the business community so that the housing for sale signs disappear.

LawAbidingCitizen

Back to top Go down