Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE Empty Re: LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE

Post by Paul2CV Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 am

Hi Forum,

If you want to do something seriously interesting, take a drive down the road to the Kia Kima Scout Camp on the Fulton County side. This the new camp Mr Cooper traded for the one in Sharp. If you drive down the road of the new camp, you will travel back in time and really see the kind of area that John Cooper originally found and developed. Fascinating.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE Empty Re: LITTLE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT CHEROKEE VILLAGE

Post by Paul2CV Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 am

Hi Forum,

The simple fact is that you can't exhaust new discoveries in the Village. There are too many little roads and cul de sacs to ever get to the bottom. Wonderful.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 am

Grilling out on the deck, adult beverage in hand Smile , and watching the lake is one of life's great pleasures in Cherokee Village!

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:10 am

I am sorry to say I have never walked that trail. I guess I really should one of these days.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:06 am

Hi Forum,

Nothing like finding a seashell in your backyard. it feels prehistoric. We really were under the ocean at once upon a time. Wow.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:21 pm

hi conventional, the trail is called Adia I think. It is across from town center. it is a wonderful trail I will take you Thunderbird Center as well. The trail really is a gem. again excuse typing on a phone.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by conventional1 Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 am

Does that trail lead to the waterfalls at Thunderbird? Adai falls or something like that. I just discovered that this summer and its so pretty! I never knew it was there!
Paul2CV wrote:Hi Forum,

Good Morning CV. Hope everyone is having fun. I love the trail at Town Center. I like going up about halfway and sitting on the log bench and having "deep" thoughts like: "It's great to be alive." Hope you have great thoughts today. Enjoy the blessings of this place.

conventional1

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Paul, did you see the dragon boat this year?

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by conventional1 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:23 am

Did the guy in the fishing boat who decorated his in the shape of a dragon participate in the parade this year? that was so cute last year. Wish i coulda been there again this year.

mike wrote:Great posts. Wish we were there. Say hello to my in-laws out on the lake tonight on the boat. There's nothing like watching the fireworks anchored up on Tbird on a big pontoon with family and friends and enjoying some of your favorite adult beverages. Then after it's all over, sit back and watch the parade boats make their way back to wherever their going while you wait it all out. Being the last boat out on the lake is the only way to go. Have fun tonight!

conventional1

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:56 am

Great posts. Wish we were there. Say hello to my in-laws out on the lake tonight on the boat. There's nothing like watching the fireworks anchored up on Tbird on a big pontoon with family and friends and enjoying some of your favorite adult beverages. Then after it's all over, sit back and watch the parade boats make their way back to wherever their going while you wait it all out. Being the last boat out on the lake is the only way to go. Have fun tonight!

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:18 am

One thing I really like is the sense of community that has led to a few individuals and businesses caring about the common good enough to take the time, energy, and money to put on Thunder on Thunderbird for us all. Only a common vision and personal effort and sacrifice lead to a great community. Thank you Mr. Lowe and all business supporters.

Last edited by Paul2CV on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by marlenedegrood Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:13 pm

I just got back from mailing a package at the Post Office and making a deposit at FNBC in Town Center .... driving home I thought about how before I moved to CV I dreaded going to the P.O. and the bank .... now it's enjoyable. The P.O. lady and the bank tellers are always friendly, know you by name and treat you like a friend. Just another one of many "little things" I like about Cherokee Village Smile

marlenedegrood

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Forum,

Good Morning CV. Hope everyone is having fun. I love the trail at Town Center. I like going up about halfway and sitting on the log bench and having "deep" thoughts like: "It's great to be alive." Hope you have great thoughts today. Enjoy the blessings of this place.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by marlenedegrood Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:35 am

Paul2CV wrote:Well, if you like to float and bake, you two sure have the weather for it! Smile

And you'll find me in my backyard on the South Fork floating this afternoon watching the tubers go by Smile

marlenedegrood

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:32 am

Well, if you like to float and bake, you two sure have the weather for it! Smile

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by marlenedegrood Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm with Mike on summer and floating around on Lake Sequoyah .... and I'll add tubing South Fork to that and fly fishing .... but I also do like Fall when the colors come out and then the leaves drop and open up the views .... but then Winter is so pretty and fun when we get a couple of inches of snow ..... and then Spring comes and it's so wonderful with the leaves coming back on the trees and the excitement of getting the garden ready for the summer. So I guess I just love every season since each one is so awesome in it's own right.

marlenedegrood

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:47 am

My favorite season is summer, blasting hot, 100 degrees every day, perfect lake temperatures, and lots of boats and floats! I'm a warm weather guy. The cold is meant for polar bears and people who don't like to float in Lake Sequoyah!

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:45 am

Hi Forum,

What's your favorite season or month(s) in Cherokee Village? With out question, I like May and October. Everything is so inviting then. I also love when the leaves all drop and the lake views open up.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:04 am

Hi Forum,

Here's something I like about Cherokee Village big time!

Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
Cherokee Village: 0.9% ($498)

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Cherokee-Village-Arkansas.html#ixzz1PLTwV98E

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 am

marlenedegrood wrote:Making a Peanut and Jelly sandwich, throwing it in a little cooler along with a cold drink, tossing the kayak in the van and driving a few minutes to the dam at Lake Sequoyah to paddle over to Giche Gumme Beach for a swim and lunch on a beautiful hot day in Cherokee Village .... all on the spur of the moment.

I love it!

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by marlenedegrood Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Making a Peanut and Jelly sandwich, throwing it in a little cooler along with a cold drink, tossing the kayak in the van and driving a few minutes to the dam at Lake Sequoyah to paddle over to Giche Gumme Beach for a swim and lunch on a beautiful hot day in Cherokee Village .... all on the spur of the moment.

marlenedegrood

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 am

Hi Forum,

Where my house is, on a good night, you feel like you could reach up just a little and touch the stars overhead. They feel that close. Amazing.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Tue May 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Forum,

Elsewhere on the Forum is a great bunch of posts on E. Faye Jones. As we know, Mr. Jones is a world renowned architect who has a number of houses built in the Village. One thing that amazes me about his work is how the houses can be quite small or very large and convey much the same feel in design. His work is amazing and I love seeing it.

The other day, I stumbled on a video of one of E Faye Jones' major projects. At one time, the home was own by a member of The Band. It is called the Applegate house and is near Walmart HQ. You have to check this one out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnf-Y78bs7M

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sun May 29, 2011 3:05 pm

I like being "slowed down" to appreciate the "simple things." Turns out those "simple things" are pretty life-giving for me.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sat May 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi trout,

I agree. These guys seem unstoppable. This idea that the cold kills them is beginning to seen like wishful thinking!

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next