Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
DID YOU VISIT??? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

DID YOU VISIT???

Go down

DID YOU VISIT??? Empty Re: DID YOU VISIT???

Post by Paul2CV Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Forum,

If you haven't seen this slideshow, take a look. Among other things, it gives a nice look at some of the upper-end homes in the Village and many of the nice sights to be seen around town. Perhaps most of all, it will go far to break your winter blues! Enjoy:
http://www.flickr.com/search/show/?q=Cherokee+Arkansas

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:46 am

Hi LawAbid,

I certainly can say close to the same thing. I got "introduced" as many do to the Village via ebay. This is a solid way to go these days when you stick with American Land Company that has 100% rating for a good reason. Unfortunately, when I was looking on ebay many years back it was in those early days of lot sales from less than reliable vendors.

I went through an awful drama with one. One lot that I purchased never resulted in a deed. The other two took almost a year to get deeded. It was a nightmare. Fortunately, the lots that I did end up with were top shelf.

Since then, all I can say is that lot buying is addictive once you get to the Village and get a good sense of the various areas and values. I think that what people need to hear first about the Village is that it is a "real" place but also the Village is a special place. If you do a little homework, a basic lot purchase is a good way to begin a journey of getting to know the place. But the magic, if you will permit the expression, comes when you see the place and stay long enough to "feel" it. It is a lifestyle that is more than the sum of the parts. It needs to be experienced.

Areas matter. That is my only caution on lots. Also, you want to check out the SID website to understand the basic kinds of lots and regulations. Also Deeds. Unless you are/have a lawyer and know what you're doing, don't settle for anything less than a Full Warranty Deed and make sure that your lot is not a "gift lot" and is buildable. The SID site will explain real versus "gift lots" and the ALC site will speak about types of Deeds. Enjoy.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

DID YOU VISIT??? Empty Yes and No

Post by LawAbid Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:43 pm

The first property was puchased online without actually visiting.  Although I did quite a bit a research before buying that lot.  (Google Earth, Street Views and the like.)  The second lot was purchased after a visit to look the area over in person.  On the second visit I bought 5 acres just outside the Village on its northern border.  We're planning on visiting the area again in April or May.  I'm going to try to resist buying anything this time, but we'll see. 

LawAbid

Back to top Go down

DID YOU VISIT??? Empty DID YOU VISIT???

Post by Paul2CV Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Forum,

I would like to find out how others first heard about Cherokee Village and whether they visited prior to buying their first lot?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down