Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
Vanity License Plates EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
Vanity License Plates EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
Vanity License Plates EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
Vanity License Plates EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
Vanity License Plates EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
Vanity License Plates EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
Vanity License Plates EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
Vanity License Plates EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
Vanity License Plates EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
Vanity License Plates EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

Vanity License Plates

3 posters

Go down

Vanity License Plates Empty Re: Vanity License Plates

Post by mike Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 am

I just never saw the draw of giving the state any extra money voluntarily. License plates are no exception to me I guess. I will give them what is required to get my plate and I really don't care what combination of letters and numbers they give me. I have nothing against it, just nothing I would ever consider doing.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Trout,

You are pointing to a category that I hadn't thought about. There are also plates which support conservation or cancer cure or other worthwhile causes. I'm certainly on board with honoring the vets as well. I was thinking about a system that lets you pick "IMGREAT and stuff like that.

By the way, what kind of trout is on the plate? Do you get to pick? 10 bucks is a deal.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Both my w.ife and I have vanity plates, AGFC plates, i have a trout and she has a hummingbird the extra money goes to conservation projects. Also Arkansas has a great "vanity" plate for all veterans no matter what era you were in Korea, Vietnam, etc. also will show your branch of service. Cost is 10 bucks.

trout

Back to top Go down

Vanity License Plates Empty Vanity License Plates

Post by Paul2CV Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Forum,

There's an article in the Wall Street Journal about new "revenue enhancement" strategies by States charging much higher rates for previously fairly cheap "vanity license plates" and even having auctions. Do you know what Arkansas is doing in this regard, and what do you think about the whole concept of "vanity plates?"

Here's an excerpt:

To boost state coffers, Texas sold a Dallas doctor a "PORSCHE" for $7,500.

Then it sold him "AMERICA" for $3,000.

Both were license plates, sold at auction. "I will get my American citizenship next month, so it means a lot to me," says Salman Waheed, an intensive-care physician. He also wanted "FERRARI," but dropped out when bidding for that one went too high -- eventually netting $15,000, the top price paid.

After years of selling vanity plates as a modest sideline -- charging as little as $5 -- states think there's more money to be made in whatever drives people to buy them. Facing budget crunches, states are raising surcharges or proposing annual fee hikes for custom plates.

Texas has gone a step further. It hired a private company to raise $25 million over the next five years by auctioning off vanity plates. "People like to express themselves, especially in Texas," says a spokesperson for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. This year, at the nation's first such auction, Texas sold 33 plates for $139,400.

In the U.S., there's room for vanity to grow. Despite having 9.3 million motor vehicles with vanity plates, the 46 states that charged annual fees for them collectively raised only about $177 million, according to a 2007 study by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.

"The potential market is huge," says Stefan Lonce, who conducted the survey and whose own plate is "LCNS2ROM."

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/113002/creative-license-plates-wsj?mod=family-autos

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down