Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
LOCAL PHARMACIES EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

LOCAL PHARMACIES

Go down

LOCAL PHARMACIES Empty Re: LOCAL PHARMACIES

Post by Paul2CV Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi buckwhea,

Thanks for your response. Like I said, it has become something of a sport to bash Walmart. I'm not into that here. My idea is about proportion of give-back and commitment to the host community.

I get free enterprise and making money. However, Walmart could make some decisions that would help us more in this area. How about trucking? How about manger training? How about some office jobs? They are an AR corporation. I'm only saying that they could look at each location and decide how to promote vitality beyond their limited store objectives.

I think this is a fair point because they do greatly impact the local indigenous economy in ways which others cannot compete. Those are often businesses that have served the community faithfully for years before Walmart arrives on the scene. Yes, I have some feelings about that and fairness. But I'm not interested in "bashing" Walmart but only trying to get some fairer balance for the impact.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

LOCAL PHARMACIES Empty Walmart

Post by buckwhea Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 am

Walmart does give back to the community, like jobs. How does the little local drug store give back in comparison?

buckwhea

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 am

Thanks for your post. I'm with you on feeling like we have little option. What I've heard is thet the pharmacy at the south plaza entrance is nice and has a real human feel of concern for you as a person. I know it is sort of a sport now to bash on Walmart. My issue is their level of take vs. give-back to the community. I just know they could provide more and better jobs locally if they wanted. This area needs economic development and Walmart's home is AR. What will they do to share locally in their economic prosperity?

The other point that you raise is one dear to my heart. Namely, Town Center. Anything that can develop and sustain community around Town Center is of great concern to me. Suffice it to say, Walmart hasn't helped that situation one bit.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by blowmart Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:17 pm

I hate to say it but I go to Walmart. I hate the place but still go there for prescrips. Best prices. I'd be willing to pay a little xtra if there was a small drug store in town center, just saying.

blowmart

Back to top Go down

LOCAL PHARMACIES Empty LOCAL PHARMACIES

Post by Paul2CV Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi Forum,

Does anyone have strong preferences in our local drug stores?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum