Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE

4 posters

Go down

Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE Empty Re: Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE

Post by Paul2CV Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 am

Hi Forum,

Just a caution that many of you no doubt already know. If your gas hose on the grill gets splattered with enough grease or something interesting a critter might well find it tasty enough to chew through!!!

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE Empty Re: Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE

Post by mike Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:15 am

Grilling out on the deck, adult beverage in hand Smile , and watching the lake is one of life's great pleasures. I guess I shoud put this is the "little things" topic!

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:43 am

thanks conventional for your appreciation of the story.. all I can say is there is no going back. the
convenience is just unbelievable. one of the best features is not heating up the house in hot weather. and so far I've not burned or blown up the house!

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by conventional1 Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:38 am

[I'm glad to hear of your "conversion". Now i am going to show my husband and force him into making the leap to gas himself. lol quote="Paul2CV"]Hi trout,

I really appreciate the guidance. I will take the tank back to be checked. What is weird is that it seems the tank can be completely shut off when completely disconnected from the feed hose to the grill. But the same amount of turning the value off when the hose is connected makes for a leak. [/quote]

conventional1

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:13 am

Hi trout,

I really appreciate the guidance. I will take the tank back to be checked. What is weird is that it seems the tank can be completely shut off when completely disconnected from the feed hose to the grill. But the same amount of turning the value off when the hose is connected makes for a leak.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:09 am

I would take the tank to a LP store and have it checked. Sounds like the on/off valve is bad. I always turn the gas off at the tank first and then the grill burners last. But your problem sounds like the tank maybe bad.

trout

Back to top Go down

Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE Empty Help?

Post by Paul2CV Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:54 am

Hi forum,

Okay, so I'm converted now. But I've got a problem that I can't seem to resolve. I followed all of the instructions for the connection of the gas tank. But now matter how much I turn the value on the tank to shut it off, there is still some flow getting to the burners. i can tell because I can hear it and can get low level flame still. Ideas? Thanks.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:35 am

Sometimes you have to admit the kid is right, even if he is a teenager! Laughing The gas grill is great. It's especially nice not to heat up the kitchen and just be able to kick the thing up without all the charcoal lighting mess.

Do miss some of the black smoke taste....

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE Empty Continuing Story of ... FATHER'S DAY AT MY PLACE

Post by Paul2CV Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Forum,

Call me "old school" or crazy, but I have dragged my feet for years on getting a gas grill. I always just buy one of those cheap charcoal jobs at the beginning of the summer and eventually the legs fall or rust off. The next summer I put it on bricks and get another year out of it.

So my son has been ribbing me for years about this behavior. He's a teenager now so "public image" matters more to him now. He finds my pathetic charcoal grills embarrassing. So what do I get for Father's Day? You guessed it, a Gas Grill. The thing is amazing.

With the grill came a card -- another ribbing from my son. A year ago I set some leaves on fire leaving the old charcoal grill unattended for a couple of minutes (never do that!). So the card has a hand drawn picture of me, the new Gas Grill, and the house on fire behind me!

Happy Father's Day all.

Last edited by Paul2CV on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down