Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
Is Daggett retiring EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
Is Daggett retiring EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
Is Daggett retiring EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
Is Daggett retiring EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
Is Daggett retiring EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
Is Daggett retiring EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
Is Daggett retiring EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
Is Daggett retiring EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
Is Daggett retiring EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
Is Daggett retiring EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

Is Daggett retiring

4 posters

Go down

Is Daggett retiring Empty Re: Is Daggett retiring

Post by Paul2CV Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi Forum,

I agree that the results of the auction are really interesting. One question that I had when considering the bidding process was the issue of taxes. There appeared not to be information on the auction site about the taxes for the the parcels. When, for example, a parcel is listed as "commercial" within the Village is it taxed differently from a residential lot? When a parcel is residential but many acres in size, how is it assessed?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Interesting results from the auction. wish I could have been there, and I want to find out who, what, why, etc if I can.

Some parcels sold that I didn't think would sell and then others didn't even get a bid that I thought might sell. Nobody wanted to bid on the parcel at the south entrance that has the big red CV sign? I'm actually glad of that. I dread a gas station or 7-11/Burger King/car wash kind of complex eventually sitting at the south entrance.

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.asp?aid=38055&ncp=25e7a05702da1ae2215e&wo=1&lb=false

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi Forum,

anyone interested in the results of today's auction can find it at the following link:

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=38055&p=1&srch=search%20catalog&sort=0#Top

Mr. Daggett appears to have done quite well in several of the auctions. A few very nice deals were had as well. The Aztec lake lot was sweet. Lucky person! The future of the commercial buildings in the Village appears to continue until future auctions. All the best to the winners and Mr. Daggett.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 am

Hi Mike,

What's up with the Aztec lake property? I can't make it out from the attachment you posted. Where is it exactly? Thanks.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 am

Here is a good map of what properties being auctioned off.

http://www.americanlandco.net/cherokee-village-arkansas/Cherokee_Village_Developers_Retirement_Auction_Map.pdf

If nobody has noticed, I think one of the most interesting properties to be auctioned off is #19. That's the large grassy area out on the 4 lane at the south entrance that has the big red CV sign on it.

I would love to go to the auction but I will not be around on that day. Too bad for me, but I'll find out all about it after the fact.

Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi Mike,

I would guess that you are right. Do you know what the actual legal mechanism is for the commercial rights to be passed on or maintained? Some prevision would need to be made for continuity. I think the concern you are hearing is that Mr. Daggett had Mr. Cooper's vision at heart. The next person might not.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 am

My gut tells me people are reading too much into this. Eben is not going away. ALC will still be very active.

However, there will be some real opportunities for some people willing to step up to the plate and who have some good ideas with legs to stand on. Quite frankly, my guess is not alot is going to sell. We shall see. I want to be there but I might not be in the village on the day of the auction. I'm trying to be there. If nothing else, watching what goes on will be a very good learning experience for anybody who attends.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi Chuck,

As always, a very insightful post. You raise an essential point:

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that any commercial development in the village had to be reviewed by him and they needed his permission to go forward from there. If that was the case, I am wondering how that issue will be handled in the future. I think this is a serious issue. Keeping the John Cooper vision is very important here.

Mr. Daggett's historic role in CV goes beyond the property on auction. I think that Chuck is quite right that Mr. Daggett has been given by Mr. Cooper control over the modes of commercial development in the Village. How commercial development occurs really matters to the quality of life in CV. I think Chuck is raising the question, "After the auction, who will be in charge of regulating commercial development in CV?"

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:08 am

Chuck, we shall see what happens, but I agree, this could bring some changes to the village. Too early to tell.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:06 am

I agree. Eben Daggett has done so much for the village over the years. Paul, your story is one I've heard many times before.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck K Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Forum,

We should all be thankful to Mr. Daggett for all that he has done through the years, and mostly for carrying on the John Cooper vision for the village. I wish the best for him and hope he and his family have an enjoyable retirement.
This sure came as a surprise to many. Signs are up all over. It will be interesting to see how this auction will have an impact on the village. I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that any commercial development in the village had to be reviewed by him and they needed his permission to go forward from there. If that was the case, I am wondering how that issue will be handled in the future. I think this is a serious issue. Keeping the John Cooper vision is very important here.
With that in mind, this could be looked at from several points of view. I am hopeful it will be an opportunity for a renewed boost for the village, and the possibility of growth. I hope it comes to us with some fresh ideas that will still reflect that vision, which I think is important to us all.

Chuck K

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Forum,

A popular section of this Forum has been the Early History of Cherokee Village. I do intend to return to it and post some more. I simply want to say that Mr. Eben Daggett was at the center of so much in the early days and it would be great to catalog and preserve any photos, newspapers, or promotional materials. It would be wonderful to gather that important history up which he personally lived.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:47 pm

He will be missed, wonder who will take his place

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Forum,

I will be forever grateful to Eben Daggett for help that he gave me to redeem two lots messed up by a bad ebay seller that I dealt with. ALC, Bill Clark, and those fellows are tops. Happy retirement. Mr. Daggett.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 pm

I was just about to post this info I was emailed yesterday. It's all public information now. Here it is:

Huge Real Estate Developers Retirement Auction - 30+ Properties - Lake Front - Commercial - Land

Dear ALC Customers and Friends,

We wanted to let you know about an upcoming auction in Cherokee Village by Birdsong Auction & Real Estate Group.
There will be over 30 properties to choose from including Lake and Riverfront tracts, Commercial Properties, and more.
The auction is just a few weeks away so mark your calendars and don't miss the opportunity to purchase prime
developer properties.

Best regards,
American Land Company

Location: North Recreation Center at the North Golf Course, Cherokee Village, AR
Date/Time: Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM CDT
Description: 30+ Properties Including: Lake, River, Golf Course, Airport, and
Highway Frontage Tracts.
Income producing properties, Commercial Buildings, Development Land, Acreages,
Residential.
www.BirdsongAuction.com

http://www.birdsongauction.com/Developer-Retirement-Auction-a153684.php

Is Daggett retiring Auction-postcard

mike

Back to top Go down

Is Daggett retiring Empty Is Daggett retiring

Post by trout Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Just saw and ad in the villager about a developer is retiring and selling off properties. Checked the list of properties and they look like they belong to Mr. Daggett's company. Has anyone heard anything about this. This could have an impact on the village since there would be no single one developer. Daggett took over from Mr. Cooper with the same idea of promoting the village in a commerical sense. Any thoughts on this?

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum