Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030"

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030"

Post by Paul2CV Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Streets and Roads: The city has safe and well maintained streets. The city has planned and developed/improved roads that better connect the city with main highways and neighboring communities. Low water bridges have been eliminated. The main roadways into the city are attractive and welcoming. Street lights light up and make safer some dark areas.

Hi Forum,

There is a lot here. This part of the Vision 2030 is ambitious in all the right ways. Let's start with safe and well maintained streets and roads.

The City has done a very good job with a complex set of roads and side streets. Of course, maintaining such a large network requires crews and and traveling about on the look-out which are clearly happening. My sense is that the City has prioritized very well. The major roads and more traveled inroads are nicely cared for and repaired by crews quickly. In fact, few places exist that folks actually use that need help. The only roads that I would suggest could use some help are the roads leading up to the Omaha Center. Again, I think that there is excellent work on the roads overall.

I will write in my next post about the low water bridges and street lights.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030"

Post by Paul2CV Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Starting in 1954, John Cooper designed CV as a community with major characteristics of
1) A vacation destination 2) A retirement village and 3) A second home location

Hi Forum,

So reads another line of the 2030 Vision Statement. I find this observation both historical true and very interesting. In your own assessment, would you say that Cherokee Village continues on in the threefold way that John Cooper imagined?

It seems to me that #3 is solid. It seems to me that #2 continues. It seems to me that #1 needs the most help at this point. Any thoughts?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 am

Hi Forum,

I would like to continue in my supportive observations on the 2030 plan. Again, the first goal of 2030 is stated as:

"Preservation: The city has preserved its natural beauty, its safe, quiet residential areas, relaxed lifestyle, and its moderate cost of living."

As I remarked in my previous post, the impressive way in which this first goal sums things up in a single sentence amazes me. Everyone in CV wants 2030 to hold this core vision. In this post, I want to pick up on "safe, quiet, residential areas."

In any community of the size of CV, there will be neighborhoods. These neighborhoods will be more or less expensive for any number of reasons. Some of these neighborhoods will be on or near the lakes. Some will be on or near the golf courses. some will hold desirable townhouses and some will be neighborhoods with extraordinary views from mountain tops and some will be near the river.

Of course, others will be along the main roads and the inner lots of the Village. These areas will tend to hold more modestly priced homes. Some areas will be older in development and some newer. The bottom line is that the Village was designed to hold a number of quality residential possibilities and purchase possibilities, including homes intended more for seasonal than year-round living.

My point is that the goal of "safe, quiet residential areas" needs to apply equally in all areas of the Village. This is finally a matter of two things.

1) Fair, consistent, and equal across-the-board code enforcement.

2) A constant eye on the rental market.

Precisely because the Village is intended to be a single "community", the same standards must apply to all with no area given a pass or allowed to be anything other than a "quiet, safe, residential area."

Code Enforcement has done a fantastic job in the Village. It is a huge undertaking to cover all of the units and areas that they do. Thank you.

My only suggestion going forward is a strong look at the rental market and an honest take on the present impact of that market on the Village. This is not a matter of "Renters" versus "Owners" but rather a matter of landlords and expectations. It is time for a review of expectations in this area. It is a central part of realizing the excellent 2030 Vision.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:08 pm

"Preservation: The city has preserved its natural beauty, its safe, quiet residential areas, relaxed lifestyle, and its moderate cost of living." From the Vision 2030

Hi Forum,

I want to take up the first point on the 2030 Plan. What is being said in this important objective that impresses me is how it sums up in a single sentence what is most on everyone's mind.

We all want to preserve the original design of CV. At the core of the original design is a relaxed lifestyle, in beautiful natural surroundings, an under control and low cost of living with good recreational facilities and safe neighborhoods.

My first observation in the considerable success in keeping the basic cost of living reasonable. CV is one of the few places that I know that someone can move and predictably plan a retirement in terms of core costs.

The facilities are amazing for the modest cost associated with them. Most are in excellent shape -- Golf, Omaha Center pool and gym, and lake parks and facilities. Upkeep on the roads is fantastic when one considers the scope of the road system. Some recreational facilities need a little work, but that work has already begun in most cases. Overall, the Vision is doing quite well already.

I look forward to offering a few more observations in my next post.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030" - Page 2 Empty Let's Talk About "The Vision 2030"

Post by Paul2CV Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:42 am

Hi Forum,

On the City website there is a detailed account of the hopes and vision for Cherokee Village by 2030. I would like to encourage a postive look at what is proposed as well as constructive suggestions. "Without a vision, the people perish" is often quoted part of Proverbs. Let's get a good and constructive discussion going about this vision:

Here is the link to the City website and Vision. http://www.cherokeevillage.org/ Below is the Vision itself if you don't want to go to the website:

Vision 2030

Introduction

The ABCV Plan (A Better Cherokee Village Plan) or just, The Plan, provides a Community Blueprint aimed at addressing pertinent issues for the next 20 years. The purpose of The Plan is to present a development plan in accordance with the needs expressed by Cherokee Village (CV) citizens and to provide community input to the city government and Suburban Improvement District, SID. It is intended that this plan will remain flexible and change to meet new challenges and conditions. The Plan was prepared by the ABCV Steering Committee which was formed to develop a common vision for the future of Cherokee Village by doing the following tasks:

• Conduct a Formal Needs Assessment • Prepare a Vision Statement • Create a Community Blueprint

Starting in 1954, John Cooper designed CV as a community with major characteristics of
1) A vacation destination 2) A retirement village and 3) A second home location

The city is proud of its heritage as one of our nation’s first recreational and retirement communities and its entrepreneurial developer, John Cooper. Mr. Cooper was the visionary for the over 24,000 lots and amenities of CV and through his business, Cooper Communities, he had the resources to accomplish his vision. Upon substantial completion of CV, Cooper Communities deeded all the amenities to the SID. SID is responsible for the seven lakes, two golf courses, tennis courts, a number of city parks, two recreation buildings with their swimming pools, miniature golf, playgrounds, meeting rooms and one has a 500 seat auditorium. CV incorporated as a city in 1999.

CV is located in NE Arkansas, 20 miles south of Missouri, on US 62/412. CV is a quiet and peaceful green community with natural scenic beauty, quality lakes, and lush woodlands in the Ozark foothills. The city has a history of volunteerism with an emphasis on protecting its Ozark setting. The city residents are from all ages and lifestyles.
For some it is their primary residence and some their second home. The city offers a safe, relaxed lifestyle with numerous assets including churches, recreational facilities, an airport, a variety of friendly civic organizations and clubs.

Vision 2030

Preservation: The city has preserved its natural beauty, its safe, quiet residential areas, relaxed lifestyle,
and its moderate cost of living.
Streets and Roads: The city has safe and well maintained streets. The city has planned and
developed/improved roads that better connect the city with main highways and neighboring communities. Low
water bridges have been eliminated. The main roadways into the city are attractive and welcoming. Street lights
light up and make safer some dark areas.
Medical Park/Hospital: Along with surrounding communities, a Medical Park
was planned and developed with doctors’ offices, a hospital, progressive medical
care, equipped emergency ambulances, and medical support services.
Utilities: The residents have natural gas available. The city has bettered its water quality and distribution. The
city has planned and is developing a sewage treatment facility.
Economic Development: The city has a number of healthy businesses, conveniently located with
adequate parking. They also serve the surrounding cities and area. Tourism has increased through encouragement
and promotion.
Natural Resources: The city has enhanced the quality of its lakes, streams, woodlands and groundwater.
The city has created quality hiking, biking, riding trails, and parks suitable for all ages.
Governance: There is harmony between SID and city government. There is a SID/CV Bridge Commission
that works the common functions and issues of these entities. Their functions include planning, promoting, and
information dissemination. The ongoing Community Blueprint is adjusted and led by this Commission.
Housing: The city has afordable, quality housing built according to modern methods and standards.
Community Facilities: SID updated the amenities and facilities, and there is a buzz of activity at them
daily. There are new community and senior centers which also serve as disaster shelters, have city gardens and
walking paths suitable for physically challenged people. Good health is resulting from available wellness and
fitness.

A Visitor’s View of CV in 2030

Imagine it is the year 2030. While driving along Hwy 62/412 you are welcomed to the naturally beautiful city of CV
with a population of 7,000. There is a convenient shopping area of attractive stores for all your daily needs. There is
a beautiful medical park nearby. As you are driving into the Village on smooth streets and safe bridges, you see
modern homes, schools, parks, recreation and sports facilities for all ages. You were attracted to CV because of its
inviting web site with fresh information of all the activities and services available there. You find the people
friendly and the cost of living is modest considering all the opportunities so you decide to buy a home and live in
Cherokee Village.

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2