Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» HOW TO FIND HONEST CONTRACTOR --- CHEROKEE VILLAGE AR
PROPANE EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm by Chuck K

» Visit to Cherokee Village, Hardy, Ash Flat
PROPANE EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm by trout

» SCUBA DIVING IN LAKE OMAHA
PROPANE EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am by Guest

» Cost to get water meter & hydrant and electric meter with 120v plug.
PROPANE EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm by Chuck K

» Restaurant Reviews
PROPANE EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm by Guest

» Golf course restaurants
PROPANE EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm by Guest

» Solar panels working great!!!!!
PROPANE EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm by j3topgun

» Vacation Rentals
PROPANE EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am by Guest

» Village Mart opened?
PROPANE EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm by Guest

» Cherokee Village Arkansas Gift Lots
PROPANE EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm by Paul2CV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CherokeeVillageAR.net Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Cherokee Village Arkansas Forum CherokeeVillageForum.com by CherokeeVillageAR.net on your social bookmarking website

PROPANE

3 posters

Go down

PROPANE Empty Re: PROPANE

Post by mike Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:06 am

Thanks to trout for the good info on this. It is appreciated. To Tater, I wouldn't be so overly worried about it. The ice storm here was bad and cold and the pipes in the houses I have here in the village were not even close to being damaged. All was fine in that department except for trees that fell on my power lines! Ouch! Overall, the homes are built for the local conditions as is anywhere, so it's not really a big deal in my mind. There other things you can do to insulate pipes even further that aren't too costly. Also, CV Water costs are very reasonable in my opinion. Hope that helps.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi trout,

I found that interesting and did some research. Thanks.

http://www.woodfordmfg.com/woodford/HowAFaucet/HowaFaucetWorks.html

And this video is particularly good on avoiding frozen pipes and specifically deals with some misconceptions that can be costly to those in the South.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/0,,20045368,00.html

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Freeze faucets are designed to not freeze.  the turn off value is set back in the faucet this allows for water to drain out and not be exposed to the outside temparture. The value is about 6 to 10 inches from the turn off handle and faucet opening. Very common up norht and have been used in the South for some time. Cuts down on frozen outside faucets.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul2CV Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi trout,

Thanks. What is a freeze faucet?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by trout Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:59 am

Have a 1500 sqft house use both electric and LP gas vent free logs for heat. Electric during summer less than $100 a month. Filled 150 gallon tank this past January at a cost of $200 will last all year and then some. We cook with gas, and my outdoor grill is connected to the tank also.  Have a HE hybird heat pump and have never had a problem with it. All pipes are under the house and are foamed wrapped with freeze faucets outside. This past January was one of our coldest and did not have any problems.

trout

Back to top Go down

Post by TATERCREEK49 Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Paul and Others--

Heating in the winter has been a major concern of mine and is the one "stumbling" block for committing to living in the Village. Being a Florida Girl, I have never cooked or heated with anything other than electric, and our temps never reach Freezing ,32 degrees , more than 3 or 4 times a year. We just open our outside faucets a tiny bit and the pipes never freeze. When I read of temps in the Village being freezing day after day during the winter season, I wonder how do you folks cope?
How do you winterize your pipes, etc.? What is the prefered method of heat- vented or unvented gas heaters, stoves , etc. I have seen a lot of talk about the generalities of heat, cool, etc, but no specifics. Here in Florida, with a 2000 + house, my electric in the summer is around $350.00 and in winter $175.00., but that is with a well which uses the electric to pump our household water. That also is with a 2000 and 2500 btu ac/heat pump- which by the way- freezes up with those extreme temps below the 40 degree mark!! Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Barb

TATERCREEK49

Back to top Go down

PROPANE Empty PROPANE

Post by Paul2CV Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Forum,

It seems to me that propane offers a savings overall compared to other modes of heating like natural gas, oil, and certainly electric. Has anyone moved into the Village into a similarly sized house and had a basis for comparison from experience?

Paul2CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down